DON’T KNOW HOW TO STOP GLOBAL WARMING?
Don’t worry the eco-friendly team is here! ;D
TODAY WE ARE GIVING YOU SOME BASIC METHODS TO REDUCE GLOBAL WARMING EFFECTS. YES.
OUR SECRET RECIPE ON HOW TO MAKE EARTH A BETTER PLACE ;D
STEP NUMBER 1: LOWER THE TEMPERATURE OF YOUR HEATER
Many of us start of the day with an awesome hot shower.
Now, you there taking a nice hot shower can play you part by lowering down your heater’s strength!
instead of max-ing out your heater power why don’t turn it down to half or may be a quarter of the maximum heating strength? after all you don’t need a hot bath to wake you up,
YOU NEED A FREEZING COLD ONE 😀
after the awesome hot shower remember to turn off your heater and bathroom lights.
wasting electricity = burning more coal.
saving electricity = saving MONEY $.$ ;D
STEP NUMBER 2: USE CFC FREE PRODUCTS
After changing into you school uniform, you go down for breakfast,
you see your mother using a NON-CFC FREE FRIDGE!!
WHAT DO YOU DO?
- FREAK OUT IMMEDIATELY.
- TELL YOU MUM HOW TERRIBLE NON-CFC REFRIGERATORS ARE.
- Starting wailing really loudly and tell her that by owning a refrigerator like that she’s killing her family.
- WAIL SOME MORE
- tell her if she doesn’t change the refrigerator your not coming home (;
- tell her the fridge is spoilt
- go spoil the fridge ;D
- do anything else to make her change the fridge.
STEP NUMBER 3: USE REUSABLE STORAGE ITEMS
Now that your mum is convinced about changing the refrigerator, ask her to pack your recess snacks into a lunch box, instead of placing them into disposable plastic bags.
SIMPLE explanation: * read if you want a reason why
• Use reusable shopping bags refillable beverage bottles and travel mugs. The amount of plastic needed to meet Americans’ yearly demand for bottled water exceeds 1.5 million barrels of oil, enough to fuel some 100,000 U.S. cars for a year. Most of this (86%!) ends up as trash, calling for toxic incineration measures, or sitting in the landfill for a thousand years before they eventually break down. Buy minimally packaged goods. You can save 1,200 pounds of carbon dioxide per year if you cut down your garbage by 10%.
STEP NUMBER 4: TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT
your father offers to drive you to school in his Mercedes car truck! Be environmentally friendly ( like us :D) by REJECTING HIS OFFER IMMEDIATELY! try to convince him into taking the mrt/ bus with you.
HAVEN’T YOU READ THE NEWSPAPER? 1 gallon of oil cost 100 us dollars! by burning away this 100 US$ worth of oil, your not only wasting earth’s resources ( oil), wasting 100 US $, but you also increasing the earths CARBON EMISSIONS D;
tsk. next time you see a person driving a car, shake you heads at them and give them a disgusted look ;D
STEP NUMBER 5: RECYCLE PAPER
it’s Chinese lessons! your totally anticipating it ;D the teacher walks in and tells you it’s time to write a composition. *THE WHOLE CLASS GROANS*
you take out you foolscap pad immediately and start on your composition right away. half way through your find yourself with a writers bloc, YOU CAN’T CONTINUE THE COMPO. as usual
at that point of time, please don’t crush the paper up and send it flying to the waste paper basket,
INSTEAD, send it flying to the recycled bin! for papers ;D
of course another way of saving paper is not doing you composition 😀 shh. i so did not say that.
SO NOW THAT WE’VE GIVEN YOU THE BASIC HANDY DANDY METHODS.
START DOING SO IMMEDIATELY.
Changing a refrigerator may be EXPENSIVE (and you wouldnt be able to get adidas shoes for the next 123456789 years); taking a public transport may kill you (especially when you’re stuck in the middle with people sticking their armpits in front of you?)
YOUR ACTIONS GO A LONG LONG WAY TO SAVING MOTHER EARTH! 😀
DO YOUR PART NOW!!